Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Christmas is here again...well it WAS here again

Christmas this year was a wonderful experience...again. I absolutely love Christmas time. We always do a big Christmas eve dinner and party over at the UVU institute (Jason's mom worked there so she is still able to reserve it) which is a good thing because nobody house is big enough for our big group. We have a wonderful turkey and ham dinner, play lots of games, have a talent show with all the grand kids, eat lots of sugary treats, exchange gifts with siblings, exchange gifts with grand kids and have a white elephant gift exchange. I certainly learned my lesson to keep th gifts decent since last year my 16 year old nephew ended up with the Santa teddy that I brought...yeah nice hu? After coming home, the girls open up their gifts from each other and their pajamas. They all sleep together in the bedroom upstairs.

Christmas morning started at 7:00. I guess they woke up at 6:00 but stayed in their bedroom for an hour playing...what great kids hu? They were SOOOO excited to find that Santa had left them a wii this year, but I think their daddy was secretly the most excited. It is so funny to watch them do the boxing and tennis and Camrie is quite the little bowler. She rolled 4 strikes and 5 spares in one game.

Jason and I decided that our gift to each other would be a pass to the indoor tennis court and tennis gear. I have always thought it looked fun and we wanted something that we could do together. We still haven't had a chance to go but tomorrow is the big day. I'm pretty sure I will be so stinkin' sore because just playing tennis on the wii made my arm so the next day...I know...I'm pretty pathetic. I also got a juicer to help in my quest to lost weight and be healthy. I have actually really enjoyed getting up in the morning and making me some new concoction. I tried to make my own version of V8 but it turned out so incredibly nasty. I will stick to fruits thank you very much.

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and have a happy new year












Here's to 2009

11 comments:

Brad.Lindsey.Lexi.Rowen said...

It looks like you had a great holiday. I still want a WII, but there is always next year. For now you can tell me how wonderful it is.

jaime said...

I love the teddy story. Last year I took a black lacy thong and bra to our party and my 80 year old grandpa got it :)

Chalise said...

Looks like we know who we will be staying with whenever we come up North :-)

The Warner Family said...

wii, it looks like christmas was fun! I hope you have a great new year!

Danette~ said...

Glad to hear you had a great Christmas. Tennis, that sounds fun...hope ya liked it!
Happ New Year!!!

Grandma and Grandpa Chesnut said...

Love the Christmas pictures and love the cute grandkids. Wii is sooo fun.

Stella said...

Wow! The UVU institute? Now that's a party!

Looks like the holidays were good.

Aldred Family said...

Love the Christmas pictures!! Looks like it was a party at the Chesnuts!! Let's get together soon!

Darla said...

We've had Wii for a year now, and my kids love it. They LOVE to cream Jack in baseball! Hope you enjoyed your presents from us. Did the girl like the purses?

Kris and Katie said...

I miss working with you!! I'm glad you guys had so much fun. Your girls are so dang cute!!

John and Diana said...

Cute pictures. Looks like the Chesnut clan had a grand time as usual! Cheers to 2009!