Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Pumpkin Carving Fun!!!

Last night for Family Home Evening we did our annual pumpkin carving night. Sydney for some reason has some funky fascination with cleaning out pumpkins. After she stripped her pumpkin of EVERY seed, she moved onto Haley's. Haley can't clean pumpkins because when she has done it before she gets huge hives all up and down her arms. They each picked a face and then Daddy cut it out for them. Of course they wouldn't be satisfied until we had put a candle in to see them glowing. I hope they haven't caved in on themselves by Halloween night. Good thing we have pictures to remember them by just in case.

















We ended the night with Carmel Apples and Egg Nog...yummy! I love fun Family Home Evenings.

8 comments:

John and Diana said...

: ( That is what we did for Family night last night too! We should have just done it together! I miss our annual pumpkin carving parties!!! Ok, well, I miss all our annual parties!!! Life is Crazy!!

Loni said...

Looks fun, We still haven't carved our pumpkins. I don't know if I'm ready to deal with the mess. I think we will try and tackle it tonight. Your pumpkins turned out very cute!

Chalise said...

What a flattering picture of Camrey. Looks like you had fun. I wonder why your Paragonah pumpkins went bad, ours are fine (except that they have already caved in)
Chalise

Becky said...

How fun!! What a fun FHE, and yummy to end with caramel apples and Egg Nog. Yum!!

Brad.Lindsey.Lexi.Rowen said...

I love the pictures of the family. Where are the ones of you playing with the pumpkin guts? I think we'll get ours done tonight. It was good talking with you this morning even if it was only for a few minutes. I always enjoy our conversations.

Aldred Family said...

How fun!! Looks like a really fun FHE!! I think we are going to have your little pumpkin carving tonight!! The girls look they are having a blast!! Let's plan a date night soon!! I need a night out!! ;)

Johnson said...

How fun. I should have sent my boys over because I am boring and I never get around to carving pumkins. Poor boys!!

Grandma and Grandpa Chesnut said...

I love the Halloween pictures, they are sooooo cute. Love you kids, you are awesome and perfect.