Monday, March 24, 2008

Going through heartbreak...AGAIN


Ok so apparently I didn't learn everything I needed to learn to help one child through the pain of loosing a beloved pet. Now I get to do it all over again. This morning as I was doing Sydneys hair for school, Haley came in holding her pet hamster Nibbles. She said "Look mom, Nibbles is sleeping so soundly that she's not waking up in my hand." Right then my stomach dropped because I knew something was wrong. I looked at Nibbles and she looked just like Cheeto did before she died. She was breathing but completely unresponsive. I tried to keep positive for Haley and told her I would do what I could while she was at school but I'm so afraid that she is going to come home to find her little hamster is now with Cheeto. DANG IT!!!! Nibbles wasn't the sweet hamster that Cheeto was but I am every bit as heartbroken for Haley's sake. We had planned on going to the pet store tonight to get Kaycee a new hamster so it looks like we will be getting 2 new ones. I know that Nibbles died of something else because we figured out that Cheeto died of a kidney infection but Nibbles doesn't have any of the same symptoms, so I am at a loss of what to think. I'm baffled and frustrated. Man what a week for animals in my house.

2 comments:

Aldred Family said...

How sad! Your poor girls... it's so hard to lose a pet, you get so attached so fast!! Good luck!

Chalise said...

I'm so sorry the nibbles and "chip" died. That is so crazy that is was both in the same week. Give the girls a hug for me