Monday, June 15, 2009

Fun times in Parowan

Last week I took the girls down to Parowan to spend a week with my mom and dad. I do this every summer and it worked out great since Jason had to be gone anyway to Wisconsin for work. I loved spending time down there. I love the comfort of being in my parents house and the memories it creates for me. My mom is such a great grandma, always taking time to do specieal things with my girls whether that is making cookies with them or sewing with them. Kaycee made a darling skirt this time. My dad is pretty great too, taking them out for pizza, rootbeer and then frozen yogurt. This trip was especially fun because I got to spend time with two of my very best friends from high school. They came over for lunch one day and the kids all got along so well and played outside and let us girls talk and laugh about our old high school days. Look at all of those girls. Of our combined 12 kids there is only ONE boy and he is the baby.

It was so fun to spend time down there. My younger sister and her family came over once for a make over day (so fun) and once for dinner out on my parents deck. I loved sitting out on the deck and listening to and smelling the rain. Such a joy to feel the comforts of "going home" The girls roasting marshmellows (leaves) over their campfire (weeds)

5 comments:

jaime said...

how fun to have somewhere to go and get away!!

Valerie said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun. We moved contantly growing up and I never lived in the house my parents live in now, so there is no "going home" for me. It sounds like it would be a wonderful feeling though.

Suzette said...

Paige you made me so home sick. And feel even more depressed that I can't see you guys. It's been way to long. You and your gorgous girls need to come and see me when I do get to Ut.

Albee Family said...

Looks like a fun trip! If you get bored this week come stay with us and see the Pageant.

Hillary said...

I love spending time in Parowan as well and we are heading there in July. Your mom is so awesome and always has been. I love to see here when we go home she has always made me feel so welcome in her home. I have a lot of good memories there.