Wednesday, August 27, 2008

7 Peaks trip

Every year for the past 4 years we have had the tradition of going to 7 peaks the day before school starts. Kind of a...last hurrah of summer. This year was a lot of fun because Camrie was big enough to be in the lazy river without a floaty and also big enough to want to try other things like the little slides and the wave pool. My girls love 7 peaks so much that we may consider doing a summer pass next year. One thing that I found particularly enjoyable was my sweet 12 year old. I was very aware of other girls there that were Kaycee's age. Most of them were in skimpy little bikinis and giggling and watching the boys. My awesome 12 year old was in the pools being a "mermaid" or a "killer whale" with her little sisters. Boys were the absolute furthest thing from her mind. I know it won't always be like this but...man I am enjoying it while it lasts.

7 comments:

Brad.Lindsey.Lexi.Rowen said...

These are really cute pictures! I love all you girls. I look at Kaycee and think she has grown up so much lately. She just looks like a teenager. I'm glad she is just enjoying the moment and not worrying about the boys. There's time for that later, and that's when life gets too dramatic. Boys are a pain anyway :).

jaime said...

What a fun mom!!!

Aldred Family said...

Awesome!! We didn't get a trip into 7 peaks this year.. I LOVE that place!! looks like the girls had a great time!! Look at you... you are such a fun mom!

Loni said...

We have spent a lot of our summer playing at 7 peaks. We got passes and went twice a week. My kids had a great time. And it looks like your family did to! I love all you new pictures and layout of your blog, sooo cute!

John and Diana said...

Loved your last two posts! And your new page looks fab! Is that ANOTHER new family picture? Did Angie take that???? It must pay to work with a photographer!!!???

John and Diana said...

Loved your last two posts! And your new page looks fab! Is that ANOTHER new family picture? Did Angie take that???? It must pay to work with a photographer!!!???

Grandma and Grandpa Chesnut said...

Happy to see that you use the towels. You are absolutely adorable and awesome. We sure do love you. We miss you after being with you all weekend. Love Ya, Grandma & Grandpa C