Wednesday, June 18, 2008

6th annual Fish Lake camping trip


We had another wonderful time camping at Fish Lake. We always like to get the same camping spot because it has a big open field for playing. This year we brought along the badminton set. The girls loved playing with it but I think Jason and I spent the most time trying to beat each other. Check out that beautiful lake in the background. We love being up in the gorgeous setting and the cooler air. Thursday night it was just our family but on Fri. my parents joined us. It was very fun to have Grandma and Grandpa there to camp with us. On Fri night we had dutch oven bbq chicken, dutch oven potatoes, baked beans, jello salad and homemade rolls and for dessert dutch oven peach cobbler. YUMMY!!! It just doesn't get any better then that. Jason and the 3 older girls spent Fri morning out on the lake doing some fishing. They all caught a fish and got a nice sunburn (even coated with spf 50). None of them seemed to crazy to actually touch the fish. Camrie and mommy took Powder down to the lake so he could get wet by fetching sticks in the lake, which he did for an hour. Camrie seemed to be the only one who kept constantly falling down and getting hurt. Nothing major but she came home with a few bumps and bruises. She did a faceplant on the gravel and ended up with a big ol' scab on her nose. Poor kid! On Saturday we had a nice big breakfast and then took my parents down to see our house in Torrey which is about 15 minutes from Fish Lake. They loved the red rocks and the quaint small town feel. We decided to come back on Saturday evening because 3 days of being dirty and smelling like smoke is enough for me. It was a great trip!

9 comments:

John and Diana said...

What a fun trip! You look like you all had a blast! What a great tradition you guys have, I am glad you do it! Dutch oven...yum!!! It doesn't get better than that!

Brad.Lindsey.Lexi.Rowen said...

My brothers are at Fish Lake right now. This is one of my family's favorite spots. It wouldn't be because my family loves to fish, no that is an understatement, they LIVE to fish. Anyway, for us it is like going back home, being from that area. It is always fun to see families enjoying something that my family has enjoyed for years. Cute pics, sorry Camrie for the scraped up nose. I fall a lot, I know how it feels.

Johnson said...

Wait, I am still stuck on the dutch oven food! YUMMMMM! Looks like a lot of fun! I think Greg wishes I was more of a camper...I guess I better become one with three boys!!! Glad you guys had a good time!!

Becky

Loni said...

That looks so fun! I absolutely love fish lake. It is such a beautiful place. My family tries to get up there as often as we can. I'm glad you had such a fun trip. I'm definately jealous of the dutch oven cook-out! yum!

Suzette said...

Your Dad looks like a pro dutch oven cooker. This makes me so home sick. It doesn't get any better then spending time with family with great dutch oven food.

The Claysons said...

Looks like you had fun! You have the sweetest girls. I look forward to a couple of them dating my sons!!! :) I HOPE!

Aldred Family said...

Looks like a ton of fun!! I need to get Jeff into camping more. I grew up on that stuff and haven't gone in years!! We'll have to plan a trip one of these days!

Shannon said...

That looks like fun. I've only been to Fish Lake once in my life and I loved it so much. I need to plan a little campout with my family down there.

Darla said...

What fun! Wish we could join you.
Ya gotta love dad's overalls!
Love ya,
Darla