Monday, March 3, 2008

Way to go Chase!!!!!


I wanted to write this update today because March 2nd 2007 was the day my very good friend Season got the diagnosis that her sweet 10 year old had a cancerous brain tumor. The year that followed has had incredible ups and heartbreaking downs, but Chase has been a trooper. She hit her one year mark today and she is cancer free for now. YEA CHASE. She had all her treatment at St. Judes hospital in Memphis TN and her mom kept a carepage (kind of a blog) on her progress and everything happening to her. She is such an amazing and courageous young woman that I would love my girls to aspire to be like. She is wise beyond her years. During her time at St. Judes she did some incredible things and met quite a few famous people such as; Brad Paisley and his wife, Scott Hamilton and his wife, Survivor host Jeff Probst and others that I can't even remember. She did a photo shoot with Probst for St. Jude and also did a commercial with Ray Romano for St. Judes as well. I think the thing she will remember most is when she was told to go to a hotel lobby to hear "a few" members of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir sing. They were in Memphis performing but she was unable to go because her treatment had made her immune system shut down and she couldn't be in crowds. A friend of Seasons whose parents traveled with the Choir asked if a few members could go to the hospital and sing to her but the more choir members who found out about it wanted to be involved so they had to do it in the lobby of the hotel to fit everyone. The news crew that follows the choir caught it all on tape of Chase and her parents entering into the lobby to be greeted by the ENTIRE Mo-tab choir. They gave an impromptu concert for Season and her little family. They showed it on channel 5 news a few days later and the whole time I was watching it the tears were just streaming down my cheeks. They showed it again during last conference in-between sessions. The choir talked about how that was by far the most memorable concert during the tour and for some it was their favorite experience they can recall. It was so neat and such a boost for Season and Chase to build them up for the long road ahead. She is now at home and going to school and living the life of a normal 11 year old. I wanted to congratulate her and send her my love.

5 comments:

Aldred Family said...

ahh.. make me cry! What an amazing little girl.. it sounds like she someone we could all aspire to be like!

Suzette said...

Wow talk about a trial. I'm so glad to hear she is cancer free. How hard that must of been. I hope she stays cancer free and lives many many more health happy years!!

Brad.Lindsey.Lexi.Rowen said...

What an awesome post! I cried through the whole thing. Thank you for sharing this with all of us. I admire the courage of children. What a blessing this little girl is to her family.

jaime said...

I am so glad you are in our Bunko group. You are so fun!

Chalise said...

Paige
Does the word "grid" mean anything to you? Yeah, time to take your own advice and update your blog.
:-)