Thursday, January 24, 2008

WE ARE DONE...(well, mostly)



So as of last Saturday night we have finished the painting and now just have to focus on finishing up with a little here and there. I need to find me some curtains that I like and Jason needs to get the crown molding up. I also have a beautiful picture of the SLC Temple that will go on the right side of the big painting behind the TV. It is called "Last Crossing" done by my very own, very talented little brother. It hung in the Church History Museum and the Springville Art Museum last year. Lucky for me Kyle didn't have room to store it at his house and I had this big wall to show it off. His loss my gain I say. So I need to get the Temple picture up along with a cute smaller shelf with pretty candle and a plaque that says "Trust in the Lord". I am excited for my living room to be done but I need to be patient and take it one step at a time. Also the kitchen still has stuff to be finished. We want to put B-board on the wall about 3 feet up from the floor on both the big red wall and on the half wall. That will be a creamy tan color. Then I have a very pretty country quilt that my Mother-in-law gave me that will hang on the big wall. Again this is all going to take time but I have big plans.

So things are going pretty well for all of our family right now. Luckily we haven't had any real sickness's (knock on wood) just a little tummy-ache bug that hit Kaycee for a while, then Haley and now me. Jason is back at Traco and doing well. He has a new territory this time. Last time he had the northeast states but now he has the Midwest. That means that when he goes out to Chicago I will try and plan it so that I can go to. I am the only one of my siblings that hasn't gone out there to see Darla and Valerie and go to Nauvoo. One thing I am especially anxious for is to see my new nephew and then go see "Wicked". That play has become my latest obsession and I will not rest until I have seen it performed. So hopefully that will be in the not to distant future. My work is going well also. I was becoming a bit of a Zombie from lack of sleep so Jason suggested (rather correctly) that I either needed to drop one shift a week or quit. Now that I am only working 2 nights I am not so sleepy all the time. I still stay really busy during the days even with only one child at home. All though in all honesty Camrie is more like 2 or 3 kids at home. That girl is quite a fire cracker. The other night she said "mom when I die and go to Heaven, I'm going to ask Jesus to make me a mermaid or a dragon." When I explained that Heavenly Father doesn't do that because He wants us to look just like we are she sighed a dejected sigh and said "Oh Crap!" I probably shouldn't have laughed at that but I just couldn't help it. All the girls are doing really well. Kaycee is excited to be doing spring soccer this year. This is the first year that they have offered it so that will give her an extra-curricular activity soon. Haley is doing so well in her 3rd grade class that her teacher asked me if it was okay to switch her up to 5th grade reading and spelling. She is doing remarkably well. Sydney is just an absolute riot. She has this new thing of crinkling up her nose when she laughs that is hilarious to watch. And Camrie.....what can I say about that ball of frustrating joy.

Okay well I think thats about it for now. Later.


5 comments:

Chalise said...

Paige
I LOVE it. I bet your so relieved to have it done. I can't wait till I can get in a place where we can paint the walls. I will probably go overboard and paint every wall in my house a different color. I'm sure purple, orange and turquoise would go great together;-)
well take luck

Nat said...

Hey, it was nice to hear from you. I like the new colors! It will be fun to get to know you better through your blog, it's funny that we work together, but we don't! :) Have a good weekend. Natalie

Aldred Family said...

Looks awesome!! Is ours next?! ;)

Matt and Valerie said...

That's beautiful! Bold colors, but I really really really love it. And when did Jason go back to Traco? Guess I missed something there. I can't wait to have you come and visit. Just wait till after March so you can see the little guy. I love reading the stories of your girls - keep posting. I finally did a little update last night so you can check out some new pics. Sure love ya!
Val

Karen said...

LOVE the new colors! They're so pretty!! Your family is so adorable.
Karen