Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I am sooooooo overdue...

I am sure most of my blog followers have long given up on me....and I wouldn't blame them. I truly have slacked these past 3 months. But I have set a new goal to update once a week now. There has been so much going on lately that there is no way for me to catch up so i will start with the most recent and work my way backwards. Last week I went to California with my good friends Kera and Angie. Kera went for a HS friends wedding and so Angie and I tagged along. It was so neat to see San Francisco in all it's splendor. We flew into Oakland Saturday morning and went to Keras parents house to put our luggage away and get freshened up. Then Angie and I braved the city all by ourselves. We rode the rapid transit system into the city and then took a cab to pier 33 to walk around and enjoy the sites. We walked around pier 39 and fisherman's wharf, walked around the cute little shops, had lunch and then went on a ferry to Alcatraz island for the tour. I wasn't expecting to enjoy it as much as I did. It was really quite interesting. After we got back, we intended on walking around and then getting on the cable car for a ride into china town and then back to the rapid transit station to head back home...however that is not exactly what happened. We got on what we THOUGHT was the cable car. It wasn't...it was the commuter car. BIG DIFFERENCE!!! As we realized that we were not going in the direction we should have been we were discussing the possibility of getting off and finding another way of getting to the station. Right then...and I do mean RIGHT then the cable on the car snapped and our car stopped. The driver told everyone to get off and find another means of transport. Well the Lord was certainly looking out for us because we had stopped literally 2 blocks away from our original station. It was scary to think of being lost and trying to find our way back not having a clue where we were...and oh yeah, we had a baby with us as well. So we got back to Pleasant Hill safe and sound. The next day Keras parents were kind enough to take us on the tour of the city. We went across the golden gate bridge, went through China town, went down Lombard street (the crookedest street) went to get a chocolate sundae at Gheridellis (sp?)drove through the financial district, golden gate park and then had lunch at the beach. It was quite chilly and the waves were big and daunting. After lunch we drove through Castro district (gay community) That was quite the experience. Quite different from little Spanish Fork. There was a guy out in the middle of the sidewalk in jeans and headphones doing a full on pole dance for everyone passing by. It was so hilarious. I got a few pictures but nothing does it justice. On Monday we went to the Oakland Temple which is beautiful, and then to lunch a a popular creamery. Then we had to get to the airport to head home. It wasn't a very long trip but it was very fun to go with such great friends and see some amazing sights. Thanks gals.

9 comments:

Johnson said...

You are my example. I need to blog again! It was fun hearing all about your trip..can't wait to hear more about the pole dancer at work on Friday!!! I missed ya tonz but I am sooo glad you had fun..you deserve it!!!

Danette~ said...

YAY!!! So excited that you are blogging again! I always enjoy your posts. Glad you were able to take a fun trip. The pole dancer... well, all I can say is, it's amazing all the interesting people we come in contact with! FUNNY!!!

The Claysons said...

What the heck happened to "No posting w/o permission!!!" Especially bad, bad, pictures of me!!! It was fun!

The Nut House said...

Angie, every one of those pix of you was good so you have nothing to say. :-)

Becky said...

how fun!!!!!!!

Aldred Family said...

Cute pictures!!! Looks like tons of fun!!

Valerie said...

I'm glad you ladies had such a great time! I went to San Fran. with Robin for the first time ever last summer and had fun too.

John and Diana said...

Looks like you had a blast! You're beautiful!

Aldred Family said...

Ok Paige! You are once again overdue with a post! :) Hope you guys are doing well!! We miss ya!