Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Political giggle

Today Sydney came home from school in a panic.

Sydney--"Mom did you go and vote yet"

Me--"Not yet but I'm going in a few minutes"

Sydney--"Please please PLEASE don't vote for the one with black skin, what's his name?"
(at this point I was a little worried that my 8 yr old might be racist)

Me--"Do you mean Obama?"

Sydney--"Yes, cause my friend says if he wins...he will make us go to school on SATURDAY!




Oh the horror...actually I can imagine how horrific that would be for an 8 yr old.

10 comments:

Lindsey said...

What a great kid! I love it!

jaime said...

hey, that's reason enough for me...wait that might be a good thing :)

Loni said...

So funny! It's amazing how we all pick-up on the issues that matter to us!

Aldred Family said...

Too cute!! We all may be screwed on taxes and out of jobs, but hey! I don't think he'll instate school on saturdays! ;)

The Warner Family said...

Hey, I don't want to work on Saturdays! What is Obama thinking! That comment is so cute. I left something for you on kindergarten chat, that will make you laugh.

The Claysons said...

Too Funny! I love her!

John and Diana said...

I am going to MISS you all week!!! Have a wonderful time and take pictures!!!
Luv
Ya!

Stella said...

So cute! It just shows how much our kids pick up on though. The fact that she is even aware that we are voting for a new pres. says it all.

Nicki said...

That is too funny! I love the complete innocence in children.

Johnson said...

I know I worry what my children overhear.....expecially now with Prop 8....Dallin has all sorts of questions!!