Thursday, October 9, 2008

Just had to share

Ok it may seem like I share more stories about Camrie then my other kids but I really don't mean to. She seems to have a mind that works like no other and keeps me laughing all the time. I just had to share this sweet story about her. 2 weekends ago I was down in St. George and Jason was at home with the girls. He (being the great dad that he is) wanted to do something fun and memorable with the girls on Saturday afternoon, so they headed up the mountains to do a little fishing. He only had one pole and so he would bait the hook and throw it out and since the fish were biting often, each girl got to take a turn reeling one it. Well I guess this wasn't enough for Camrie, she wanted her OWN fishing pole. So she went and found a stick and asked Jason to tie some of his fishing line on it. He did it ( to amuse her and to get her off his back), put some power bait on the hook, and she threw it out...about 2 feet...into the weeds surrounding the shoreline. She went off to play but every so often she would come back to check if she had a fish. After a while of not having a fish she told Jason, "I'm going to say a prayer so that I can catch a fish" She then proceeded to fold her little arms and mouth a quiet prayer. Jason just kind of chuckled and thought it was cute.
About an hour later when it was time to go they were preparing to leave and Jason told Camrie to bring her line in (all 2 feet of it). As she was pulling it in she said "see dad, Heavenly Father helped me catch a fish" He looked and...sure enough on the end of Camries line was A FISH!!! She didn't seem surprised at all. She knew that Heavenly Father would help her catch a fish. I wrote that down in my journal so she will always remember that experience.

Oh to have the perfect faith of a little child, what this world would be like.

7 comments:

Becky said...

how sweet is that?!

Stella said...

That is so sweet! The challenges that come with raising children sometimes overshadows the many times they remind of our divine nature, and who our "Father" is. Thanks Camrie for the reminder!

Small world it is. Season is so sweet. I have always enjoyed her company.

The Warner Family said...

Cute! It sounds like she has two wonderful parents teachng her what she needs to know! I love Camrie, she is so sweet in class.

John and Diana said...

What a cute kid she is!

Shannon said...

We all need to have the faith of a child. Think about how much easier life could be.

John and Diana said...

Okay, I had to add another comment!! I have been thinking (and laughing) about her comment on Saturday night at my house. "Mom, your fearless"......"That means your picky!!!!"" Ha ha ha! It gets funnier and funnier the more I think of it!!!

Aldred Family said...

How cute!! THat will be something that she will remember forever!